Sunday, May 1, 2011

Christine Robisch, San Francisco senior vice, president and area manager, Kaiser Permanente - San Francisco Business Times:

stelauguqdinec.blogspot.com
First job: Substance abuse counselor in SanJoaquin County, as a graduate student. Education: B.A. in psychologu from Gonzaga University; M.A. in psychology, with an emphasis on behavioralp medicine, from University of the Pacific. Residence: Danville. Best way to keep competitivee edge: As a leader, I need to stay curreny on what’s happening in the broader andwith health-care reform. Guiding Ensuring that we do theright thing, the best thinv for our patients. If you focus on quality, it leadss to efficiency and to affordablehealtn care. Yardstick of success: I always ask myselcf as I’m driving home, “Did I make a positivew difference forsomeone today, on a personao level?
” For the organization: “Are we better as an organization today than we were yesterday?” Goal yet to be I would really like to see universal healthn care come to fruition. Best businesse decision: After 12 years in health-carw operations, I had the opportunityu to go intohuman relations, which enabled me to learn how unions work, the importance of involving your the importance of investing in the front end of any change, of getting people involved. Worst business When circumstances haven’t gone as I think they should have, it’s usually because I didn’t pull together the right team for aparticulare task.
Toughest business decision: I had to lead the closures of a facility I had opened several yeara priorto that. It was the rightr business decision, but it was stilk difficult. Biggest missed opportunity: I don’t look at things as missed opportunities. My grandmothere used to say thatyou don’tt get to walk both sides of the streeyt at the same time. My greatest mentors were my who taught me to believedin myself. Word that best describes you: Focused. Like best about job: Working in a value-driven businessa and organization. Like least abouyt job: Reading 150 emaile a day.
Pet peeve: Starting meetings Most importantlesson learned: Everything is in moments, and you only get one at a Most respected competitor: Therd are a lot of grea organizations out there, like the Clevelandr Clinic and HealthPartners in Three greatest passions: Spending time with familh and friends, my work and going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment